Andy was a sad and angry 4-year-old boy with uncontrollable behavior when he was referred to The Children's Home Society of New Jersey for counseling. Most of his life had been spent in a series of foster care programs of other agencies. Through the counseling he received as a young child, Andy is well on his way to a bright future.
Johanna and Jeramy's Story
Johanna Santiago wants what all caring parents want for their children - to provide her son with whatever he needs to be safe and healthy with a future filled with promise. And she is determined to make that happen. But Johanna's life wasn't always so focused.
After a traumatic home experience involving domestic abuse, young Michael and his four siblings were removed from home and taken immediately to the Crisis Nursery operated by Children's Home + Aid in Bloomington, Illinois. There, they received the support and resources they needed to cope with their situation to ultimately move them towards a safe, permanent setting.
- CHSA will host a legislative briefing at 9 a.m. Wednesday, March 11 at the Capitol Hill Visitor Center in Washington, D.C. More details to come soon!
- Read about all the incredible work by CHSA and its member agencies in the new 2013-14 CHSA Annual Report. Download here.
- CHSA and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s School of Social Work have launched a child welfare practice-based research network to help inform and improve local, state and national policies around child welfare and well-being. Click here.
- CHSW welcomes new member agencies, Community Solution's Inc. of Connecticut and The Villages of Indiana, to our member network!
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to receive updates on national child welfare news.